CAAM Client Charter
At Civil Aviation Authority of Malaysia, we prioritise the importance of providing a positive experience to our valued stakeholders. We continuously seek to enhance our services and are committed to delivering reliable and consistently high quality service. We are therefore delighted to present our Client Charter which outlines the key commitments and standards of services offered at CAAM.
CAAM’s Regulatory Division is committed in setting a clear expectation on the required time for various services. Information on the time required to deliver services to client and the expected standard of service is made available through various channels
To efficiently process any organisational, aerodrome and aircraft approval applications received.
- 1 For new, renew and variation of organisational application which requires approval from the Technical and Licensing Committee (TLC), an agreed timeline will be established with a maximum duration of 120 days.
Application turnaround time starts from submission of fully completed documents and information until:
- Issuance of result of application; and/or
- Issuance of the approval
- 2 For new, renew or variation of approvals other than in 1.1 that requires audit, an agreed timeline will be established with a maximum duration of 60 days.Application turnaround time starts from submission of fully completed documents and information including satisfactory completion of aircraft type certificate and/or supplemental type certificate validations until:
- Issuance of result of application; and/or
- Issuance of the approval.
- 3. For new, renew and variation of approvals other than in 1.1 and 1.2, application turnaround time starts from submission of fully completed documents and information. Issuance of new, renew and variation of certificate, authorization or approval is within 30 days.
To efficiently attend to application for personnel licensing, approval for individuals and dangerous goods applications at our service counter.
- For new, renew, variation or endorsement, the application turnaround time which starts from submission of fully completed documents and information:
- Issuance of new or variation of personnel licensing, the approval for individual applications is within 12 working days;
- Issuance of renew or endorsement of personnel licensing, the approval for individual applications is within 60 minutes; or
- Issuance of dangerous goods approval is within 3 working days.
To efficiently process application for personnel licensing, approval for individuals and dangerous goods applications received via mail, courier or drop-box.
- For new, renew or variation, the application turnaround time which starts from submission of fully completed documents and information:
- Issuance of new, variation applications and notification to collect licenses, certificates or approvals is within 12 working days; or
- Issuance of renew or endorsement applications and notification to collect licenses, certificates or approvals is within 5 working days; or
- To send via courier within 10 working days. *
*Note: Date of receive is subject to the courier service
To expedite response to customers’ complaints received via email or letter through these steps:
- Issuance of an acknowledgment after receiving complaints within 3 working days; and
- Issuance of a follow-up letter for investigation/response within 14 working days after the complaint is received.
CAAM’s Operations Division is committed in providing an exceptional, distinctive and expeditious services in delivering its responsibilities as follows:
- Exercise priority in maintaining safety, which includes a framework for identifying and analysing safety risks and apply mitigation measures.
- Comply with ratification of international conventions on safety, security and environment.
- Ensure Air Traffic Management Infrastructure are calibrated and safe for aviation use.
- Provide seamless and efficient air traffic control operation within Malaysian Flight Information Region’s.
- Promote and implement the ICAO recommended tools, system or applications on measures to enhance efficiency.
- Actively participate in the establishment of policy, as well as strategic effort to increase operational efficiency based on data to better serve our stakeholders.
- A timely process for requests and applications related to airspace activity and provide technical advice to stakeholder related matters.
- A timely process for payments / compilation of documentation of reports to contractors / consultants / customer and stakeholder within 5 working days.
- Respond to stakeholders’ / customers’ complaints and reports expeditiously, accurately and courteously as follows:
- Issue an acknowledgment for reports or complaints within 3 working days;
- Conduct required investigation and provide a response within 7 working days from the date the report or complaint was received;
- Manage consumer complaints and forward matters to MOT, which are related to Government policies.
- Improvise and comply with government policies on economic and financial matters through continuous engagement with stakeholder on matters related to airspace management, airport operations and review of fees and charges.
- Be instrumental in addressing the sustainability of the aviation community regarding policy decisions required to improve the industry’s sustainability.
- Identify key sustainability indicators and assisting in developing policies for the industry by taking into account the interests of stakeholders.
- Plan and implement continuous training programs for personnel to support operations and upgrade required skills and competencies by utilizing available facilities to ensure sustainability of quality service delivered to the aviation industry.
- Provide technical and consultancy services related to aviation, as well as provide training and education to stakeholders by promoting research and development within the aviation industry.
- Review and amend operational and administrative directives through engagement with stakeholders in compliance with national regulations for an efficient provision of air traffic service at unit, national or regional levels and;
- Operational and administrative directives shall include accountabilities and responsibilities associated with each working position.