Internal Audit & Compliance
Internal Audit Unit was established as an independent and objective body to carry out auditing activites and negotiations in order to improve value in operations and administration at CAAM. UAD helps CAAM in achieving its objectives in a systematic and disciplined manner to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, internal control and good governance.
- Review, advise and give opinions on the reliability of the organization’s internal control and the effectiveness of all systems including ICT
- Review and ensure all divisions are compliance with policies, laws regulations and directives in force
- Review the organization’s programmes/activities to ensure they have been managed prudently, efficiently and effectively
- Review the asset management system as well as the interests of the organization to be protected in terms of loss, fraud and misappropriation
- Report the audit results to the auditees and monitor the actions taken by the management on the matters raised
The six (6) main functions of the Integrity Unit, Civil Aviation Authority of Malaysia (CAAM) are as follows:
- Manage and implement disciplinary procedures and surcharges for the consideration of the Disciplinary Committee.
- Ensure the implementation and institutionalization of integrity values in CAAM;
- Strengthening the practice of good values through prevention and education;
- Communicate information to top management on the latest developments in integrity-related issues;
- Organize guidelines and awareness programs related to integrity; and
- Strengthening the practice of noble values through prevention and education.
- Receive and take action on all information and/or complaints of disciplinary misconduct and criminal misconduct (passed to enforcement agencies) by CAAM officers;
- Ensure follow-up actions on complaints and investigation recommendations are carried out by the relevant Division;
- Channel complaints of disciplinary and criminal misconduct of CAAM officers to MACC or any responsible enforcement agency; and
- Coordinate and process complaints related to integrity violations to be investigated according to the guidelines set by MACC.
- Ensure compliance with administrative and financial regulations in force while also identifying weaknesses in existing policies and regulations; and
- Conduct scheduled and unscheduled inspections of administrative and financial practices, systems or procedures in order to be consistent with policies, laws and regulations in force.
Detection and Verification
- Detect and confirm complaints of misconduct or integrity violations of CAAM citizens;
- Report criminal cases to the responsible enforcement agencies;
- Submit the results of the investigation to the top management.
- Ensure CAAM’s governance is implemented effectively; and
- Recommend improvements and updates to policies / directives / systems and procedures in CAAM